Changes to the FDIC’s Post-Examination Survey Process
September 20, 2019 / Source: FDIC
Financial Institution Letters
September 19, 2019
Changes to the FDIC's Post-Examination Survey Process
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is notifying FDIC-supervised financial institutions (banks) that the Office of the Ombudsman — which is independent of the supervisory process, reports directly to the FDIC Chairman's office, and is a confidential resource for banks — is now administering the Post-Examination Survey (Survey) process. This change further ensures confidentiality of Survey responses and is designed to promote additional candid feedback and to improve response rates. The change is also part of the FDIC's efforts to enhance transparency, efficiency, and accountability.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised institutions.
- The Office of the Ombudsman will:
- Assume responsibility for soliciting Survey responses effective October 1, 2019;
- Send notice that the Survey will accompany the Report of Examination;
- Provide a reminder to encourage participation in the Survey; and
- Serve as the contact point for banks regarding the Survey and follow-up requests.
- The FDIC Office of the Ombudsman is independent of the supervisory process, reports directly to the FDIC Chairman's office, and is a confidential resource for banks.
- A copy of the current Survey questions for each exam type is attached for reference.
- The Survey previously had been administered by the Division of Risk Management Supervision and the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection.
Continuation of FIL-50-2019
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions
- Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Associate Ombudsman Amy Brown, (312) 382-6770 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E-1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).