FDIC Announces New Members for the Advisory Committee on Community Banking
September 06, 2016 / Source: FDIC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 2, 2016
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has announced the selection of eight new members for its Advisory Committee on Community Banking, which has been providing advice and recommendations to the FDIC on a broad range of community bank policy and regulatory matters since it was established in 2009. The Advisory Committee members represent a cross-section of community bankers from around the country.
“We are fortunate to have such talented and dedicated community bank leaders join our Advisory Committee, which has been a valuable resource for the FDIC over the last few years,” said FDIC Chairman Martin Gruenberg. “The Advisory Committee has proven to be a key source of information and input for the FDIC on the many significant issues facing community banks,” Gruenberg said.
The Advisory Committee on Community Banking discusses and provides input to the FDIC on a wide variety of topics, including current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage and regulatory compliance.
The new members of the Advisory Committee are:
- Richard T. Beard, President & CEO, People's Utah Bancorp, American Fork, Utah
- Adriana M. Boeka, President & CEO, America's United Bank, Glendale, California
- Asif Dakri, Vice Chairman & CEO, Wallis State Bank, Houston, Texas
- David J. Hanrahan Sr., President & CEO, Capital Bank of New Jersey, Vineland, New Jersey
- Chandler J. Howard, President & CEO, Liberty Bank, Middletown, Connecticut
- Danny J. Kelly, President & CEO, The Hometown Bank of Alabama, Oneonta, Alabama
- Tiffany Baer Paine, President & CEO, Security Bank USA, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Joseph W. Turner, President & CEO, Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Missouri
The new members will join the following individuals already serving on the committee:
- Roger Busse, President & CEO, Pacific Continental Bank, Eugene, Oregon
- Chris Emmons, President & CEO, Gorham Savings Bank, Gorham, Maine
- Jack Hartings, President & CEO, The Peoples Bank Corp., Coldwater, Ohio
- Arvind A. Menon, President & CEO, Meadows Bank, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mary Ann Scully, Chairman, President, & CEO, Howard Bank, Ellicott City, Maryland
For more information, please visit the Advisory Committee on Community Banking webpage at http://www.fdic.gov/communitybanking/
Congress created the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 1933 to restore public confidence in the nation's banking system. The FDIC insures deposits at the nation's banks and savings associations, 6,058 as of June 30, 2016. It promotes the safety and soundness of these institutions by identifying, monitoring and addressing risks to which they are exposed. The FDIC receives no federal tax dollars—insured financial institutions fund its operations.
FDIC press releases and other information are available on the Internet at www.fdic.gov, by subscription electronically (go to www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html) and may also be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200). PR-77-2016