FIL-63-2016 Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income
October 11, 2016 / Source: FDIC
Financial Institution Letters
October 7, 2016
The Consolidated Reports of Condition and Income (Call Report) for the September 30, 2016, report date must be submitted to the agencies' Central Data Repository (CDR) by Sunday, October 30, 2016. Certain institutions with foreign offices have an additional five calendar days to file their reports. As part of the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) community bank Call Report burden-reduction initiative, a number of burden-reducing and other changes to the Call Report take effect this quarter.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-supervised banks and savings associations. Community institutions should benefit from this quarter's burden-reducing changes. The other Call Report revisions should have a limited effect on community institutions.
- As previously announced in FIL-44-2016 and FIL-45-2016, a number of Call Report revisions take effect this quarter, including:
- Deletions of certain existing data items in three schedules;
- Increases in existing reporting thresholds and the establishment of a new threshold for certain data items in six schedules; and
- New and revised data items and information, some of which are of limited applicability. These revisions include Chief Executive Officer contact information; a field for an institution's Legal Entity Identifier, if any; preprinted captions for itemizing components of certain data items; the removal of references to extraordinary items; a data item for "dually payable" deposits in foreign branches; and supplementary leverage ratio data.
- The Call Report forms and an instruction book update for September 2016 are available on the FFIEC's website at https://www.ffiec.gov/ffiec_report_forms.htm and the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/callreports.
- Institutions should review FIL-61-2016 and its accompanying Supplemental Instructions for further information on the third quarter 2016 Call Report.
For assistance with CDR system-related issues, including user accounts and passwords, please contact the CDR Help Desk by telephone at 888-CDR-3111, by fax at 703-774-3946, or by email at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and Saturday, October 29, 2016.