FIL: Financial Institution Diversity Video
May 20, 2019 / Source: FDIC
Financial Institution Letters
May 20, 2019
Financial Institution Diversity Video
The FDIC's Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) prepared a video that is available on the FDIC YouTube Channel. In the “Financial Institution Diversity” video, OMWI Director Saul Schwartz describes the FDIC's Financial Institution Diversity Program. Financial institutions that the FDIC regulates are encouraged to conduct annual self-assessments of their diversity policies and practices as outlined in the Interagency Policy Statement Establishing Joint Standards for Assessing the Diversity Policies and Practices of Entities Regulated by the Agencies (Policy Statement).
The FDIC appreciates the continued participation from its regulated financial institutions that have submitted diversity self-assessments. With the release of the Financial Institution Diversity video, the FDIC is extending the submission deadline to May 31, 2019, to provide institutions additional time.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions With Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter provides information to all FDIC-regulated financial institutions having 100 or more employees.
- For information about Financial Institution Diversity, access the “Financial Institution Diversity” video.
- The Diversity Self-Assessment of FDIC Regulated Financial Institutions, Form 2710/05, is available.
- FDIC-Supervised Institutions having 100 or more employees
- Chief Executive Officer
- Diversity & Inclusion Officer, or equivalent
- Supplier Diversity Officer, or equivalent
- Tony Pagano, Acting Chief, Minority and Women Business and Diversity Inclusion Branch, OMWI, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (703) 562-6062
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/index.html.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained via the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, E 1002, Arlington, VA 22226 (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).