FinCEN Updates: FinCEN and BCFP Webinar for Financial Institutions and Law Enforcement
May 29, 2018 / Source: FinCEN
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection and FinCEN to host Webinar on Joint Memorandum on Financial Institution and Law Enforcement Efforts to Combat Elder Financial Exploitation
The Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), U.S. Department of the Treasury, will host a webinar on the Joint Memorandum to encourage coordination among financial institutions, law enforcement, and adult protective service agencies (APS) to protect older adults from elder financial exploitation (EFE). The webinar will be held on Thursday, June 7, from 2:00 -3:30 PM EST. Registration is required to attend.
The webinar will focus on the importance of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and the role that they may play in aiding law enforcement’s investigation of EFE cases with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Introduction by Richard Goldberg, Senior Counsel for Complex Litigation, US Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Branch
- Jenefer Duane, Senior Program Analyst, Office of Financial Protection for Older Americans, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
- Laura Richardson, Section Chief, Intelligence Division, FinCEN, US Department of Treasury
- Peter Gallagher, Deputy Attorney General, New Jersey Department of Justice
- Elaine Dodd, Executive Vice President, Fraud Division, Oklahoma Bankers Association
- Steve Vallejo, Senior Vice President - Corporate Security Director Corporate Security Investigations, Bank of the West
If you experience problems with opening the registration link, contact your tech support.
For information about the Office for Older Americans, visit consumerfinance.gov/olderamericans.