Summary of Deposits Survey
June 12, 2017 / Source: FDIC
Financial Institution Letters
June 7, 2017
Filing for June 30, 2017
The Summary of Deposits (SOD) is the annual survey of branch office deposits as of June 30 for all FDIC-insured institutions, including insured U.S. branches of foreign banks. All institutions with branch offices are required to submit the survey; institutions with only a main office are exempt. All survey responses are required by July 31, 2017. No filing extensions will be granted.
Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets Under $1 Billion: This Financial Institution Letter applies to all FDIC-insured institutions.
- The SOD Survey will be collected using the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) Central Data Repository (CDR).
- The individual responsible for submitting an institution's SOD Survey must have an account with the CDR. A separate CDR account is not necessary if the SOD submitter and Call Report submitter are the same individual. Instructions for requesting a CDR account are provided under "Accessing the Central Data Repository" on page 2 of this FIL.
- Institutions must either complete the survey directly in the CDR or use vendor software to prepare and submit their survey responses to the CDR. Software vendors available to assist with the SOD filing are listed under "Electronic Filing Options" on page 3 of this FIL.
- Prior to completing the survey, institutions should review their current branch office information on the FDIC's BankFind website at https://research.fdic.gov/bankfind and submit necessary corrections to the FDIC's Data Collection and Analysis Section at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 24, 2017. If not submitted by that date, branch office information corrections should be included with the SOD Survey.
- SOD reporting instructions, survey worksheets, access to the CDR, and additional information are available at https://www.fdic.gov/regulations/required. Periodically check the site for updated information.
Continuation of FIL-21-2017
FDIC-Insured Institutions, including Insured U.S. Branches of Foreign Banks
Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Deposits Preparer
General Questions: Data Collection and Analysis Section at email@example.com or 1-800-688-3342
CDR Technical Questions: CDR Help Desk at CDR.Help@ffiec.gov or 1-888-CDR-3111
FDIC Financial Institution Letters (FILs) may be accessed from the FDIC's website at https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2017/.
To receive FILs electronically, please visit https://www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/fil.html.
Paper copies may be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center, 3501 Fairfax Drive, Room E-1005, Arlington, VA 22226 (1-877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200).