Updated Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet
November 04, 2016 / Source: OCC
OCC BULLETIN 2016-36
Subject: Community Bank Supervision
Date: November 3, 2016
To: Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks and Federal Savings Associations, Department and Division Heads, All Examining Personnel, and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) has updated the asset quality core assessment procedures in the “Community Bank Supervision” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook. These updates incorporate supervisory guidance issued since the last update to the booklet and enhance the existing core assessment procedures.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to examinations of all community banks.
The updated “Community Bank Supervision” booklet
- incorporates updated concentration risk management procedures.
- incorporates updated stress testing guidance for community banks.
- incorporates procedures for the credit underwriting assessment.
- enhances retail credit examination procedures.
- enhances appraisal and evaluation examination procedures.
- enhances allowance for loan and lease losses examination procedures.
- enhances other real estate owned examination procedures.
- enhances credit review examination procedures.
- updates the standard request letter.
- updates the asset quality references.
For further information, contact Grant Wilson, Director for Commercial Credit Risk, at (202) 649-6670.
Grace E. Dailey
Senior Deputy Comptroller and Chief National Bank Examiner
- "Community Bank Supervision" (PDF)